Shared investment in the future between the Elk Grove Chamber of Commerce and Elk Grove Unified School District
Preparing students to be college and career ready
How would you like to have access to a group of “work ready” high school youth to potentially add to your workforce?
The Elk Grove Chamber is proud to announce a partnership with the Elk Grove Unified School District of the Chamber sponsored Work Ready certificate program for EGUSD high school students.
The program proposal presented to and approved by the Chamber Board of Directors included content facilitation in team building, appropriate use of social media, customer service, and financial literacy to name a few. The program is takes place over a 3 week period, 4 days per week. Students also experienced skill acquisition in resume’ writing and interviewing.
How do we make sure our students are prepared for college and careers?
- Identify key skills people need to be successful in the workplace
- Develop a Work-Ready Workshop that prepares students
Goals of Work-Ready Workshop
- Students will demonstrate Work-Readiness through employer led interviews and will earn a Work-Ready Certificate
- Students will have a portfolio that can be used in future job interviews
Benefits to Participating Businesses
- Lower employee turnover – cost savings
- Decrease the amount of employee training time
- Increase public awareness and marketing benefit
We hope that you will agree to participate in this innovative program by completing the form here, and returning it to the Chamber office. Once received you will be sent a “Work Ready” decal to be displayed in your place of business. The display of the decal will signify to others your participation and your willingness to grant an interview to a “work ready” youth should an opportunity arise in your business. Displaying the decal does not guarantee a position to the applicant; only a first interview. There is no cost to you.
Your business will be listed as a participating business on the Chamber’s Workforce Readiness website page and your business opportunity would be posted through the school district’s publication vehicles as appropriate.
Business Partner Responses
- “What I saw was the program took the student out of the classroom and introduced them to the Real World. Great program!!!”
~ John Shook - Manager, Broker Assistant – Re/Max
- “It was great to see young people who understood how the resume and interview process worked.”
~ Cat Fithian – Librarian, Franklin Public Library
|Lyon Real Estate -Elk Grove|
|Floor to Ceiling Kitchen, Bath & Flooring|
|Future Energy Corporation|
|Two Men and a Truck|
|Franklin Ranch Pet Hospital & Hotel|
|Valley Oak Appliance|
|True Rest Float Spa|
|Sinful Treats, Inc.|
|Consultation. Evaluation. Education., Inc.|
|Amazing Lash Studio|
|Annie Wang - Realtor|
For more information on EGUSD's programs including the Work-Ready program, visit www.egusdexplore.com