Demographic and Facts
Current Elk Grove Statistics and facts:
- 2015 Population: 162,899
- Median Household Income: $82,784
- Easy access to SR 99, I-5, Sacramento International Airport,
- Rail lines and two ports
- Home to an entrepreneurial spirit
- Award winning schools
- A Preserve America Community
- Nationally Awarded Transportation system (e-tran)
- Locally controlled Law Enforcement
Elk Grove lies 15 miles south of the California State Capitol, 92 miles northeast of San Francisco, and 15 miles north of Galt. Two of California’s major highways, Interstate 5 and Highway 99 pass through Elk Grove. Our neighbors include Sacramento County’s Vineyard area, the rural communities of Wilton, Sloughhouse, Franklin, and Rancho Murieta, and close to mountains, and San Francisco Bay Area.
A place where business and quality of life meet, City of Elk Grove.